Saturday, January 12, 2013

GOOPHONE i5 N2 REPORTED TO HAVE 512MB or 768MB of RAM

UPDATE (2 Feb 2013):  I received the phone and it does indeed have 1GB RAM. The special iOS seems to take up additional RAM and not 512+256mb as announced by Fastcardech. I used several memory optimization to check this info.


In a new discovery yesterday, a Fastcardtech engineer / technician has discovered that the new Goophone i5 N2 only has 512 or 768mb of RAM.

Before the site was updated Fastcardtech emailed me to inform me about this discovery and asked me if I wanted to proceed with the order. The engineers could not exactly tell if the RAM is 512mb or 768mb. Software shows the RAM amount to be 1gb but free RAM is between 200MB to 300MB with the Android OS loaded. Actually running Android ICS 4.0.4 does not take up a lot of ram. 512mb of RAM can comfortably run ICS smoothly.
768mb RAM is actually more than enough to run all apps and surf the net smoothly. Fastcardtech has already updated their listing with this update. I would still buy this phone so I told them to proceed to send it to me. Will check out this RAM issue and review it when it gets here. Check it out here:

Goophone i5 N2 Dual core QHD 960 Retina screen 8.0M camera 3G



2 comments:

  1. How do you flash it?can the explanation be more specific?As i click format and click ok nothing happens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I explained millions of times before
      Read my post http://gt35pro-mobile-gadgets.blogspot.sg/2013/02/cmw-recovery-english-and-root-for-hdc.html

      Instead of taking out the battery, just poke the small hole beside the camera.

      Delete